Italy

20 Things to do in Venice, Italy Travel Guide

2018-10-08 03:31 #0 by: Tammie

Venice is a really beautiful fun place to visit. I have only been there once but I would love to go again. I stayed at the Antico Panada near San Marco Square. 

Have you been to Venice?

What was your favorite thing about Venice?

Happy creating!

Tammie

Host of Paints and Crafts

2018-10-08 09:29 #1 by: Niklas

I have never been there, but would like to. Walking (?) around taking photos.

2018-10-08 22:33 #2 by: jordan

Italy is one of the places I still need to visit! Venice looks like a nice place Glad

2018-10-08 22:55 #3 by: Leia

I hear it can get really smelly during the summer!

All the best, Leia

Host of  Gluten-Free Living | News  | English Language Heart

2018-10-09 23:18 #4 by: jordan

#3 Why is that?

2018-10-10 04:47 #5 by: Tammie

I was there at the end of May beginning of June and it was not smelly at all. I did a lot of walking and even went on a gondola ride. I loved going to San Marco Square at night and listening to the musicians.

Happy creating!

Tammie

Host of Paints and Crafts

2018-10-10 20:58 #6 by: Leia

I think it’s because of all the muddy water

All the best, Leia

Host of  Gluten-Free Living | News  | English Language Heart

2018-10-11 14:26 #7 by: Evelina

I went to Venice for a day trip, we drove there from Croatia. I personally didn't get the greatest first impression, it was very touristy for me, and there were way too many people. Additionally, the food was very expensive and not good. I think this is due to the fact that we went in the middle of summer and we were there for such a short time we didn't have time to plan out better places to eat. 

2018-10-11 15:05 #8 by: Niklas

#7: And with the Swedish krona weakened against the Euro, many European countries are relatively more expensive than usual.

2018-10-11 15:41 #9 by: Evelina

#8 True, I just had a difficult time there because a lot of things on the menu were in Italian, and I am vegetarian. And Italians don't really understand what vegetarian means lol.. So I would order a simple pasta dish and it was like 15 euro, not that big of a portion and it tasted really bland and not restaurant quality. I think that is what can happen if you are in a tourist area and don't do your research though.  

I am totally fine paying for money for quality food when I am on vacation - I just hate getting bad quality and still paying a lot, ya know?

There is anohter comment in this discussion. It is, however, only visible for logged in members. To read the comment, log in or register to become a member.