Annons:
Tag:Β travel
Read 1844 times
Leia
2018-12-27 19:51

Travel Essentials for Men

I have come across so many travel essential tailored to women, from periods to beauty there are so many things to discuss! But because of this, I feel that male tailored are often overlooked!

A lot of these items are definitely for both male and females! Can you think of any male-specific products?

All the best, Leia

Host of  Gluten-Free Living | News  | English Language Heart

Annons:
Niklas
2018-12-29 15:56

Oh, I agree about the importance of noise-canceling headphones. I bought a pair of way too expensive Bose headphones a couple of years ago. They turned out to be one of my favorite travel and work accessories.

And the male purse. πŸ™‚ I hadn't thought about it that way, but it's true.

He didn't mention it in the video, but a drink bottle, whether it's of plastic or stainless steel, should have a wide mouth so you can put it in the washing machine and be sure it gets really clean. It's gross when you take out small-mouthed bottles of the washing machine and they are not clean because the water beams can't reach the insides. If you like to keep your beverage cold by using a stainless thermos, make sure its made if food grade stainless steel. They are less likely to corrode.

As an alternative to the travel journal he suggests you bring, consider using your smartphone. Either dictate your journal in a sound recorder app or dictate it and have it immediately transcribed into a text app. It saves space, weight and time.

If you buy sunglasses, I suggest choosing a pair with grey lenses. The reason is they make it easier to see colours. Color tinted lenses change what colors you see. If you are going on a trip, you want to see it in color. πŸ™‚

Don't fold cables, like he did in the video. Roll them. That way they will be almost straight when you use them. Looks much better in use and makes them less likely to break in the long run.

Put your medical records in your phone instead if in a thumb drive. One thing less, a little lighter and automatically synced to the cloud.

Since almost everything can be charged with USB nowadays, don't bring a power strip. Buy a good USB charger with several USB outlets to charge your phone, tablet, laptop, watch, power bank, flashlight, etc. Anker has lots of good and cheap ones. Leave all other USB chargers at home. Again, it saves space and weight.

Lastly, bring a good power bank for when there aren't any outlets or when there's a power outage.

Best regards, Niklas 🎈

jordan
2018-12-29 23:04

I have been seeing a lot of noise cancelling headphones recently though a flight reviewer I have been watching recently! On the more expensive flights, one thing he considers is what headphones the airline gives, with Bose usually being the better ones. I agree with the sentiment on Anker products, none have failed on me!

Leia
2018-12-30 18:00

#1 They are great tips Niklas! I think that using your smartphone over a travel journal or printing medical records is a much better idea, and the grey lens glasses is a fab idea and not one I've come across before.

All the best, Leia

Niklas
2019-01-02 14:22

Thanks!

Best regards, Niklas 🎈

Max
2019-01-12 10:36

Duct Tape. I started travelling round the world 30 years ago and this was considered a prerequisite then. If you are planning going off the beaten path it would still be a useful inclusion now.

Evelina
2019-01-12 18:25

Some of my absolute must haves would be decent earplugs, eye mask, pain medication,  if you're going to be staying in some dodgy places then flip flops for showering,  a lock - again depends on where you are staying, and special travel bags for organising your clothes.

Annons:
Niklas
2019-01-12 19:29

I wouldn't say it's specifically for men, but Sugru is something I come back to in all kinds of situations. Put at least a pack in your toiletry bag for unforeseen circumstances. πŸ™‚

Β» Home | Sugru

Best regards, Niklas 🎈

Leia
2019-01-14 23:05

#5 What uses did you find for duct tape on your travels? I'd love to here more about them on Travel Savvity!

#6 I love packing cubes! They make life so much easier, especially if you're using a backpack.

#7 That stuff looks good, is it expensive?

All the best, Leia

jordan
2019-01-14 23:33

Something else I have just thought of is an extension cord for a power outlet. I often seem to need to charge or use multiple things, so it comes in pretty handy.

Niklas
2019-01-16 10:50

#8: I've always thought packing cubes are useless with a backpack, so I never bought any. Do you have a clever way of packing them? #9: That one had an impressive lot of outlets. Beware not to plug in too many USB devices. It says it will get hot if plugging in more than a total of 3.4 Ampere devices.

Best regards, Niklas 🎈

Evelina
2019-01-16 11:33

#8 They were SO helpful when I was backpacking in Australia. Instead of throwing everything on the floor to grab something at the bottom, I had everything organized, bottoms in one bag, tops in another etc and they were all neatly stacked in my large backpack. I also use them in suitcases now doing the same. It just keeps everything nice and folded and organized.

Niklas
2019-01-16 11:41

#11: I am guessing your comment was meant for me (#10). Maybe its because I’m using such a small backpack that I cant really see packing cubes helping me. The cube shapes are probably best used in square travel bags. My backpack mostly has rounded corners and only takes 25 liter in total. I use to put a couple of waterproof bags in the backpack with my clothes and stuff in. Perhaps they work the same as packing cubes, but in another shape.

Best regards, Niklas 🎈

Evelina
2019-01-16 12:30

Maybe we are talking about different things actually. It’s definitely not a hard cube. It’s several soft bags with zippers. I’ll provide a link later

Annons:
Niklas
2019-01-16 14:47

I think I know what they look like. Cube-shaped nylon β€œbags” with zippers along four sides. But for them to be optimal, I guess a bag with straight edges is optimal?

Best regards, Niklas 🎈

jordan
2019-01-16 22:10

#12 Oh for sure, I made that mistake a few months ago, and blew the entire extension by having too much in it. Always better to be careful.

Leia
2019-01-17 10:08

#10 Evelina has summed up how I pack them up pretty well! I also found the roll method worked well instead of folding pieces of clothing. But I've only ever used them in a large rucksack rather than a handheld backpack, you can get smaller cubes that may come in useful for you.

All the best, Leia

Niklas
2019-01-17 11:59

#15: Ouch. 😬 #16: Maybe I'll have to explore the options further. πŸ™‚

Best regards, Niklas 🎈

Scroll to top
Annons:
Β