Annons:
Tagtravel
Read 1947 times
Leia
2019-02-06 22:03

Osprey Fairview 70

I bought a backpack!! Although I have no definite travel plans I just couldn't resist, I decided on the Osprey Fairview 70! I was attracted by its design specifically for women. I've read on a lot of blogs 70 litres is too much but I enjoy my home comfortables so wanted the option of space!

This video demonstrates all nifty ways this backpack is one of the best! However, it is priced at £150, I was lucky and knew a guy who helped me get to hold a brand new bag for £70. 

My favourite features are how it opens up like a suitcase and has a detachable day bag!

All the best, Leia

Host of  Gluten-Free Living | News  | English Language Heart

Annons:
Leia
2019-02-06 22:07
Image 1. Click to open in original size.

I love it! What is your backpack like?

All the best, Leia

Evelina
2019-02-06 23:46

I also used to have two different ospreys 😊 but I sold them. I used them when I was traveling around Europe and Australia. Unfortunately, my back just can’t take that kind of weight anymore! I have to stick to luggage with wheels 😂

jordan
2019-02-07 00:19

I looked at Osprey backpacks a long while ago, but opted against it at the time due to the price. Now I realise they're probably worth the money, I hope to invest in one soon.

Niklas
2019-02-07 11:30

I too like when backpacks can be opened like a suitcase. It’s a nuisance having to unpack to reach something at the bottom.

I have two small Osprey backpacks. One is a work backpack optimized for carrying computer, tablet and stuff like that. The other is an almost weightless spare backpack that we have in the car for when we venture out to have a picknick or need extra clothes while on a trip. Folded, the backpack fits into a jeans pocket. Still, it's very durable since its made of ripstop nylon. Osprey makes great gear.

In addition, I have a couple of other backpacks for different uses. One, I think it’s a 65 liter Karrimor, I used for week trips hiking in the mountains of northern Sweden in the 90s. Back then I had to carry a tent, sleeping bag, cooking gear and food for the whole week. I think it's been unused in the garage for 20 years. 🙂 It has been to Australia, New Zealand, Singapore and the US as well, but not on my back.

My current daily use backpack is a Fjällräven High Coast Trail 26. I use it for shorter trips, up to a week, as well. My main reasons for choosing it was its shape, large openings, carrying comfort and durability.

Unfortunately, I’m a bag and backpack junkie so I have had many different ones. 😀 A couple of recent ones I remember:

» Haglöfs Vide Large

» Haglöfs VIKE 25

» An older, better looking version, of the Haglöfs Backup 15 inch

Best regards, Niklas 🎈

Leia
2019-02-07 23:35

It seems I made a good choice with Osprey if all of you recommend it!

#2 What litres did you have?  Do you have any backpacking Australia tips for me?

#4 You're worse than a woman with shoes WinkingLaughing out loud I love the Fjallraven backpack, they remind me of Sweden. I've never heard of the Haglofs though!

All the best, Leia

Evelina
2019-02-08 10:09

Oh I don’t remember actually. It was a pretty big backpack but smaller than other travelers. Since it was summer in Australia, I didn’t have to bring that much clothing. I would say that when you backpack in Australia, you have to research where you want to travel first and think about why. It’s a huge country and you won’t be able to see everything. I wish I had brought better shoes for hiking and some long trousers for hiking in warm weather. We didn’t stay in more than one place for longer than a week. Our travel schedule was too structured. It’s better to just see if you like the city or town and then move on if you don’t like it.

Annons:
Niklas
2019-02-08 10:27

#5: Haglöfs are well-known in Sweden. The company is over 100 years old, while Fjällräven was founded in 1960. In my opinion, Haglöfs are more trend sensitive than Fjällräven. Fjällräven sells the same products today as they did decades ago. Haglöfs also use more modern materials, while Fjällräven stick to waxed cotton and other proven fabrics.

Best regards, Niklas 🎈

Leia
2019-02-09 00:33

#6 I think its always good to find out what people didn't bring but wished they had so you can choose to take it! Did you travel the east coast or other places?

#7 Fjallraven is doing really well considering their product hasn't altered much then, I know it to be a really popular brand.

All the best, Leia

Niklas
2019-02-12 11:30

Yes, Fjällräven is popular, at least here in Sweden. I like how I can make my everyday jacket more or less waterproof/breathing by putting more or less wax on it. I put on more wax on the front and shoulders since that's where the rain mostly lands. On the back, I use considerably less wax. That way the back lets moisture out if I get warm.

Best regards, Niklas 🎈

jordan
2019-02-12 23:17

I have never heard of putting wax on a coat before. Is it a special type?

Niklas
2019-02-13 11:08

#10: How about Barbour jackets? They use the same method but usually with much more oil/wax on them.

Best regards, Niklas 🎈

jordan
2019-02-19 00:19

Not heard of that either! I really am clueless about this Laughing out loud The wax makes it water proof I understand?

Niklas
2019-02-19 11:10
Image 1. Click to open in original size.

Yes, the wax makes them waterproof. Fishermen, farmers and even your queen wears them while driving her Land Rover. 🙂 I had one in the mid-nineties. Many recognize them by their typical plaid pattern on the lining.

Best regards, Niklas 🎈

Annons:
Scroll to top
Annons: