Annons:
Tagtravel
Read 1992 times
jordan
2019-02-12 23:24

North Korea travel Vlogs: Good or bad?

Often on YouTube you may see North Korea travel Vlogs pop up. Often they follow the same pattern, during a public holiday, in the same hotel etc.

What do you think of this? I do find them fascinating, but I don't think they represent the full picture as to what NK is actually like, which some of the earlier Vlogs on YouTube had thought years back. Would a vlog such as this pique your curiosity and make you want to visit?

Annons:
Niklas
2019-02-13 12:22

I have no interest in visiting a country like North Korea. I don't see any point and I don't think he showed much of interest in the video either.

For a better view of North Korea, look for a photo book named “Nordkorea - baklänges in i framtiden”. It was made by a Swedish photographer who shot it with a hidden camera. Unfortunately there aren’t many photos from the book online, but it was made by people in one of our previous offices so we got to see all of them. A few photos can be seen here:

» Bilder från Nordkorea - DN.SE

Best regards, Niklas 🎈

Leia
2019-02-14 00:40

North Korea scares me too much! It is definitely not on my travel bucket list, regardless of how amazing bloggers try to make it appear. 

#1 Do you need an account to access content on that link Niklas?

All the best, Leia

Host of  Gluten-Free Living | News  | English Language Heart

Niklas
2019-02-14 16:54

No, I can open the page without hitting a paywall.

Best regards, Niklas 🎈

jordan
2019-02-19 00:16

#2 I can't seem to open the page either.

#1 I saw something like this as well online (obligatory Daily Mail alert), it seems quite common for the hidden camera photos to get out there. They definitely provide a more 'realistic' outlook of the country.

Niklas
2019-02-19 10:49

Perhaps there is a geo filter on my linked article. #4: Thanks for the link! The square shoulders on the soldier in the first picture reminds me of the Batman and Spider-Man costumes you can buy for kids. Those with pre-padded muscles.

Best regards, Niklas 🎈

jordan
2019-02-20 21:10

#5 Yeah it does kinda look like that Laughing

I wonder if they will ever get rid of them, as I don't think they are seen frequently at all nowadays.

Annons:
Scroll to top
Annons: