Annons:
Tag:Β hacks-for-travel
Read 1923 times
Leia
2019-02-14 00:57

Scrubba Wash Bag, is it worth it?

Hello!

I recently saw this product recommended in travel hacks video.  It is designed as a modern take on the old- fashioned washboard and also doubles up as a compression dryer.

I was wondering if anyone has had any experience with one of these or something similar? I was shocked at the price of Β£40, but I am still considering buying one if I choose to go backpacking around Australia, do you think I would need one?

All the best, Leia

Host of  Gluten-Free Living | News  | English Language Heart

Annons:
Evelina
2019-02-14 09:12

Several hostels had laundry machines. You have to pay to use but it’s worth it. Otherwise you can easily go to a laundry mat. In Australia, they are really strict with the amount of water you are using especially at hostels. I personally don’t think this washing bag is worth the money in this case. However it is really clever for long camping trips!

Niklas
2019-02-14 16:51

I too have been considering buying the Scrubba. If it really is as straightforward as it looks, I think it would be worth it. Especially since you can use it as a dry bag as well. You can keep moisture sensitive stuff dry in it, you can keep wet stuff from soaking other things and you can keep dirty laundry in it to keep it from infecting clean clothes. And you can lend it to friends when they go traveling. πŸ™‚

Best regards, Niklas 🎈

Leia
2019-02-15 00:32

#1 I think I would need to consider if I was going to be hostel and city hopping or going off the road in a campervan. If I decide to do the former I will take your advice and stick to using washing machines provided.

#2 I didn't even think about its alternatives uses, I'm not planning on travelling at least until September if do, so if you find yourself purchasing one before then I would love to hear what you think of its washing and drying capabilities once tried and tested.

All the best, Leia

Evelina
2019-02-15 13:33

Yeah for the camper van, it would come in handy I'm sure!

Niklas
2019-02-16 16:06

#3: I will let you know if I get one before you. πŸ™‚

Best regards, Niklas 🎈

Niklas
2019-02-18 11:18
Image 1. Click to open in original size.

Perhaps you could get away with a drybag with window to wash clothes? The washboard feature might not be vital to its function unless you are a very dirty person. A washboardless drybag cost a fraction as much. This one, I think, is about the same size as the Scrubba:

Β» Exped Waterproof Fold-Drybags Clearsight (S)

Best regards, Niklas 🎈

Annons:
Niklas
2019-02-18 11:27

This store sell them for less than 9 GBP.

Β» Exped Clear Sight Fold Drybag Yellow (5L) - alloutdoor.co.uk

Best regards, Niklas 🎈

Leia
2019-02-18 15:55

#7 I actually already have one of those! Brilliant idea there Niklas!

All the best, Leia

Niklas
2019-02-19 10:41

Oh, great, then I have another packing tip for you! Fill it with clothes and, before you roll it up and close it, squeeze out all air you can. It will save much more space than you would think. I have two drybags. One of them is a little smaller and I use it for dirty laundry when I go home.

Best regards, Niklas 🎈

Leia
2019-02-19 12:45

#9 Noted! πŸ™‚

All the best, Leia

Scroll to top
Annons:
Β