Annons:
Taghacks-for-travel
Read 2027 times
Leia
2019-03-04 22:41

Lifestraw, does it really work?

Image 1. Click to open in original size.

Ultra-light and backpack /travel-friendly the LifeStraw is seen as the ideal accessory for hiking, backpacking, camping, travel, and emergencies. 

The LifeStraw makes contaminated water safe to drink by removing bacteria and parasites, preventing the majority of waterborne disease. Use it to drink directly from streams and lakes, or fill up a container and use your LifeStraw to enjoy clean water on the go. The LifeStraw has an unlimited shelf life and once opened can provide an individual with more than 5 years of safe drinking water.

But I'm curious does it actually work? has anybody had experience using this? what countries do think you would need or not need to take it too?

Photo by Luke Brugger on Unsplash

All the best, Leia

Host of  Gluten-Free Living | News  | English Language Heart

Annons:
jordan
2019-03-04 23:04

Honestly, I don't think I could trust this! I couldn't imagine going to a pool of murky water and taking a sip! Votinging

Niklas
2019-03-05 12:54

I am convinced it works and would gladly use one. Just be prepared for it to not be like drinking from an ordinary strawer. I think it takes much harder sucking. #1: It uses a filter with 2 micron pores. That is 0.002 millimeter. Not much will pass through it from your pool of murky water. 🙂 #0: I would bring it anywhere outside Sweden if there was room for it in my packing. In lots of countries you shouldn’t drink the tap water. Use the Lifestraw whenever you are uncertain of the water quality.

Best regards, Niklas 🎈

Max
2019-03-05 14:01

In all my years of travelling I've never seen anyone using them. Years ago you used to see the odd backpacker with filtration systems but nowadays fir better or for worse people always seem to just buy bottled water.

Leia
2019-03-05 23:22

#3 Would you consider buying one now after traveling? Was bottles water always accessible and affordable?

All the best, Leia

Host of  Gluten-Free Living | News  | English Language Heart

Max
2019-03-06 10:38

#4 if you are going to go on multi day hikes in the wilderness it might be worthwhile but otherwise I don't think it's needed. Bottled water is available pretty much everywhere you might pay 50p /lt or gbp1 /5lt at a supermarket or much less if you live somewhere and buy it in 25 lt drums.

Scroll to top
Annons: