Annons:
Tag:Β travel
Read 1467 times
jordan
2019-05-09 01:34

Have you ever taken a car trip?

I don't know what I find more appealing, either the road trip that CGP Grey takes himself, or the fact that he is doing it in an expensive Tesla!

I never used to like car trips when I was younger (partly due to travel sickness that I have mostly gotten rid of), but because I felt that the journey was the tedious exercise that needed to be done so that you got to where you actually need to go. After watching this however, maybe my view has changed. Nowadays, with cars as comfortable as ever, maybe HOW you get somewhere can also be fun?

I do think that part of the appeal is that the car that he driving is interesting in itself, and he learns (and teaches) more about it through the video. Also what might have made it more fun is that he changed the roads he used, while making sure that he reached power banks in time, which looked exciting, if a little risky.

Have you done a car trip before? is this something you would want to do?

Annons:
Niklas
2019-05-09 13:50
Image 1. Click to open in original size.

It feels like we spent large parts of the summers in cars when I grew up. Traveling somewhere never was the straightest line from A to B. We always zigzagged across the country staying at hostels, camp sites and tents in the middle of Swedish nowhere. My parents had an old rusty red BMC mini and we often traveled four people in it. All available space was filled with our packing, even the space behind the front seats. No seatbelts, off course. It was the 1970s.

Best regards, Niklas 🎈

Leia
2019-05-09 17:57

Its something I've never done but it's definitely on my bucket list! I wouldn't be able to do it on my own though, it would have to be with friends!

#2 That's a great picture Niklas!!

All the best, Leia

Host of  Gluten-Free Living | News  | English Language Heart

jordan
2019-05-11 01:50

#1 We also had a red Mini for a short amount of time! It was really fun to sit in… only for a little while, it was so bumpy Laughing out loud

Niklas
2019-05-11 11:18

#3: They had rubber bumpers. That's what made dem bumpy. I just remembered that my first car was a white mini with glass roof. πŸ™‚ #2: Thanks. That's my mother, but I don't recognize where the photo was taken.

Best regards, Niklas 🎈

Leia
2019-05-13 17:05

#4 Her style looks so effortless, I love how her jumper rests on her shoulders.

All the best, Leia

Host of  Gluten-Free Living | News  | English Language Heart

jordan
2019-05-14 00:29

#4 It's a shame that the Mini costs so much nowadays, there must have been a time when it was suddenly considered a classic, and the price for a working one skyrocketed. I would love to drive one for nostalgia sake when I am older.

Annons:
Niklas
2022-02-09 15:00
Image 1. Click to open in original size.

During the Corona pandemic, we have made uncountable car trips around Stockholm. It has been a great way to get out without meeting with other people. It’s amazing how many beautiful and interesting places there are practically around the corner. πŸ™‚

Best regards, Niklas 🎈

Evelina
2023-02-01 16:48

I'm sure you found some great places to visit. What part of Stockholm were in for this photo?

Scroll to top
Annons:
Β