Annons:
Tagtravel
Read 1592 times
Leia
2019-05-15 00:16

Top 30 Underrated European Attractions

Image 1. Click to open in original size.

The Eiffel Tower and Big Ben are always on everyone's travel bucket lists! But what about the other great attractions people can sometimes overlook?

Well, comedian Danny Wallace teamed up with the Trainline to bring you their top 30 underrated European tourist attractions!

Heres what made the top five!

1) The David Hasselhoff Museum, Berlin, Germany

Celebrating 'The Hoff's' acting and music career it's pretty much a shrine to the Baywatch star!

**2) Floating Cat Sanctuary, Amsterdam, Netherlands

Floating on one of Amsterdam's canals it's home to stray a sick cats waiting for new homes.

3)Mini Europe, Brussels, Belgium

This is a mini-village where you can "visit the whole of Belgium in a couple of hours" according to its site. 

4) Subterranean Art Gallery, Stockholm, Sweden

(My personal favourite) It is an underground art exhibit and is set to be the longest at a whopping 110 kilometres long. 

5) Museum of Alchemists and Magicians, Prague, Czech Republic

Mysterious as it sounds, it features a laboratory used by Edward Kelley a self-declared spirit medium. 

And the rest of the list goes… 

The Nose Academy, Lund, Sweden

Design Panoptikum, Berlin, Germany

Équihen-Plage, Normandy, France

The Cube Houses, Rotterdam, Netherlands

Starkenberger Brewery’s Beer Pools, Imst-Pitztal, Austria

Chip Museum, Brussels, Belgium

Museum of Miniatures, Prague, Czech Republic

Portugal dos Pequenitos, Coimbra, Portugal

Museum of Snoring, Alfeld, Germany

La Maison Picassiette, Chartres, France

Solo Per Due, Rieti, Italy

Liquidrom, Berlin, Germany

Kunsthofpassage Singing Drain Pipes, Dresden, Germany

The Abba Museum, Stockholm, Sweden

Teledisko, Berlin, Germany

Pastimes Museum, Rossiglione, Italy

Österreichischer Skulpturenpark, Graz, Austria

Electric Ladyland, Amsterdam, Netherlands

Toy Museum, Brussels, Belgium

Montjuïc Cactus Park, Barcelona, Spain

The Flipper Museum, Budapest, Hungary

Museum of Broken Relationships, Zagreb, Croatia

Alkmaar Cheese Market, Alkmaar, Netherlands

Rio Tinto, Almeria, Spain

The House of Galimard, Grasse, France

Source : The Independent

Its seems going off the beaten track to find these hidden can take you to some weird and wonderful places! Have you been to any of these? what attraction would you add to the list? 

Photo by Alessio Lin on Unsplash

All the best, Leia

Host of  Gluten-Free Living | News  | English Language Heart

Annons:
Niklas
2019-05-15 10:41

Wow, three of them are in tiny little Sweden. 🙂Did I understand it right that number four is the Stockholm subway system?

Best regards, Niklas 🎈

Leia
2019-05-15 15:25

#1 Yes you are! I've been to the subway and the ABBA museum but never the Nose Academy, have you been to all three?

All the best, Leia

Niklas
2019-05-15 15:36

I'm not even sure I've heard of the nose museum. I envision a dark room with row after row of glass jars filled with formaldehyde and a nose in each. All tagged with the former owner's name. 🤢

Best regards, Niklas 🎈

Niklas
2019-05-15 15:37

I haven't been to the ABBA museum either even though it feels like it. I have been in the lobby of the hotel once. 🙂

Best regards, Niklas 🎈

Leia
2019-05-15 15:42

#3 Your train of thought couldn't be more opposite to mine! I had envision big arty sculptures like nose where you can take fun pictures! A place with lots of different nose shapes displayed of particular celebs, as you'd seen in a wax museum but for noses! and weird and wonderful facts everywhere for you to learn. 

I wonder what it's really likeConfused

All the best, Leia

Niklas
2019-05-15 16:05
Image 1. Click to open in original size.

I think you will have to ask Google for Help translating this:

» Nasoteket – Wikipedia

This is how I would translate the first paragraph.

"Nasoteket is a ”special academy” within the Akademiska Föreningen (AF) in Lund consisting of a collection of plaster castings of ”especially deserved” (usually with Lundensian connection) people's noses. The collection is administrated by the so-called Nasal committee within AF."

Hasse Alfredsons näsa på Hasse och Tage-museet i Tomelilla.JPG - Wikimedia Commons

Best regards, Niklas 🎈

Annons:
Niklas
2019-05-15 16:16

Best regards, Niklas 🎈

Niklas
2019-05-15 16:21

They even have their own website:

» Nasoteket – Nasala utskottet

Best regards, Niklas 🎈

jordan
2019-05-16 00:39

Interesting that there isn't anywhere in the UK on this list, maybe this is Brexit in action already haha Laughing out loud

Niklas
2019-05-16 11:32

Perhaps Danny Wallace is British and therefore suffers from home blindness. 🙂 Or maybe there aren’t any bucket list worthy attractions in the UK on the same level as Nasoteket. 😀 What UK tourist attractions would you put on the list?

Best regards, Niklas 🎈

jordan
2019-05-16 23:45

I didn't think about the fact that the author is English! That makes more sense now at least.

I don't know if it would count as an underrated tourist attraction, but maybe Cheddar Gorge, which gives some fantastic scenery and if I remember correctly the ice cream is really really good Laughing out loud

Leia
2019-05-17 00:12

#7 If anything it looks a bit boring!  

#10 I would say Knaresborough as it makes a fantastic day for just walking and enjoying your surroundings. There are some great myths to be learnt at Mother Shipton's Cave too!

All the best, Leia

Scroll to top
Annons: