Annons:
Tag:ย hacks-for-travel
Read 1925 times
Evelina
2019-05-15 13:10

White Sneakers That Will Go With Every Outfit

Image 1. Click to open in original size.

I've been searching for some basic white sneakers that are comfy enough to walk for miles every day but are stylish enough to wear with every outfit, including summer dresses. 

Every time I have been  travelling in past, I always wish I had bought and packed some white sneakers to wear. I end up with sore feet, blisters, etc. by the end of each trip. I either end up opting to wear my running sneakers (that I pack for exercise) or my very cute but usually very uncomfortable sandals. 

This summer, I will be going to Tรผbingen, Germany for the summer for an internship. I will be there for two months. I recently found a room to rent in an apartment that is central enough to walk 20 minutes to my internship. I figure I won't buy a summer bus pass and instead just do a whole lot of walking to save some money. I also need to be smart with my packing since I'm just going to bring one suitcase, so I will have to embrace a minimalist lifestyle.

So I decided to finally buy some white sneakers! I will be able to wear these with just about every casual outfit and even wear to the internship.

While I was searching I found some pretty good options - but I decided to buy the Nike Blazer low in all white for about 90 euro. 

Here are some links to other white sneakers: 

Vagabond Zoe 

Adidas Stan Smith 

Vans Old Skool 

Anna Field 

Annons:
Leia
2019-05-15 15:34

They are some great suggestions! I personally would have gone with the Old Skool Vans because I have them in black already and wear them daily, so I know they are super comfy!

I also like how they seem to fit a little smaller, I personally don't suit bigger trainers.

All the best, Leia

Host of  Gluten-Free Living | News  | English Language Heart

Evelina
2019-05-15 15:52

I used to have vans and adidas's while I was in high school/ middle school and I just can't seem to buy the same ones again haha but I put them on here anyway. It's the same with converse however converse hurt my feet like hell so I would never recommend buying those to anyone Laughing out loud

Niklas
2019-05-15 16:38

White is a difficult color for walking shoes. When you walk a lot you will eventually end up both in wet and dusty places. I would opt for black instead. ๐Ÿ™‚

Best regards, Niklas ๐ŸŽˆ

Evelina
2019-05-15 16:42

Black ones aren't very versatile with most women's summer attire especially summer dresses Winking But I get what you mean I wouldn't go hiking in these but rather for walking in the city. I should be able to keep them clean if I use sprays to prime the material and then wipe them when I see them getting dirty.

jordan
2019-05-16 00:44

Some great selections there! I have the Low Blazers in Black/White, and they were comfortable from the first day, no breaking in necessary!

I would personally add the Adidas Ultraboost range to this list, even if they may seem a little too much like Athletics shoes. Without a doubt they are the most comfortable trainers I have ever worn, and have been through hell and back with me!

For something a little 'smarter' I have the Common Projects Achilles Low. The build quality is second to none (As you would expect with Italian Sneakers), fit with pretty much anything I wear, and can also be used for a smart casual look.

Evelina
2019-05-16 08:51

Thatโ€™s great hear. I read alot of reviews that said they were very comfy! My friend actually has those Adidas and I thought that they looked good! She uses them to commute to and from work. She walks alot and they work great for her. The last pair of shoes look really nice and soft! Are they worth the 300 something dollars?? Ive never bought shoes for that much before ๐Ÿ˜†

Annons:
Leia
2019-05-17 00:15

#5 The common projects are definitely a luxury alternative!!Horrified

All the best, Leia

jordan
2019-05-19 19:22

#6 Sadly they are not as soft as you would think! They took my a long time to break in!

I have the Ultraboost as my everyday runner then the CP's for special occasions where I don't need to walk too much Laughing out loud I would say they are worth it, but maybe not for walking to the internship!

Evelina
2019-05-19 21:26

Oh really you donโ€™t think they are comfortable to walk 20 min to and from the internship? ๐Ÿ˜ญ๐Ÿ˜… I still think they are going to be better than wearing flip flips, which is what I used to wear in the summer. Growing up in California I wore flips flops 90% of the time even when i worked at a beach themed deli for 9-11 hour days 6 days a week. ๐Ÿ˜‚ But i realise in Europe ppl give you the side eye if you wear flip flops everywhere ๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚

jordan
2019-05-20 22:06

Maybe not straight away, but eventually they will be fine. I typically wore blister plasters on my ankles as they kept catching them while I was walking, leaving me with cuts that would take a while to heal, but after a while I didn't need to anymore. Uniqlo have invisible socks that have a small rubber bit on the ankle to protect them, and work perfectly with the Common Projects!

I always imagined flip flops to be only really useful for when you are at the beach, I don't think I could walk too far in them Laughing out loud I have a pair of sliders, that never go outside because I don't think my feet could handle it haha.

Evelina
2019-05-20 23:01

Lol I think I'm just used to it because I grew up that way but you definitely need quality flip flips, such as Rainbows.

Leia
2019-05-21 00:07

#11 I've been looking into buying some sandals from Birkenstocks, they are supposed to be super comfy once broken in and great for walking in the heat.

All the best, Leia

Evelina
2019-05-21 09:13

#12 I have a couple pairs! The traditional style that encompasses your feet are not that comfy for me and Ive had them for years. They hurt the arch of my foot and give blisters. However, I also have the style that only covers the front part of your foot excluding toes, and those are super comfy! I have no problem with those at all. They are my apartment shoes but in the summer I wear them too ๐Ÿ™‚ they are a little fugly but I donโ€™t care lol https://www.birkenstock.com/se/madrid-birko-flor/madrid-core-birkoflor-0-eva-u.html?dwvar_madrid-core-birkoflor-0-eva-u_color=10 Similar to this style. But I like these ones I wonder how comfy they are. https://www.birkenstock.com/se/gizeh-oiled-leather/gizeh-core-oiledleather-0-eva-u.html?dwvar_gizeh-core-oiledleather-0-eva-u_color=7888

Annons:
Leia
2019-05-22 01:15

#13 Sorry, are the Madrid Birko-Flor the ones that give you blisters or the ones that are comfy?

All the best, Leia

Evelina
2019-05-22 10:26

The Madrid ones are very comfy. The Arizona style ones are not comfortable for me personally.

Leia
2019-05-23 00:20

#15 I gotcha! Thanks for clearing that up for me ๐Ÿ™‚

All the best, Leia

Scroll to top
Annons:
ย