Annons:
Tagcalifornia
Read 1955 times
Tammie
2019-09-04 05:16

Red Feather Campground

Image 1. Click to open in original size.
Preview of image 1 of 3
Preview of image 2 of 3
Preview of image 3 of 3

We went to Red Feather Campground for a Labor Day weekend vacation. It was a really nice place to camp. The camp sites were large and there were lots of trees. It was a short walk to Little Grass Valley Reservoir. We kayaked and swam and also did some paddle boarding. There are hiking trails. However, one of the members of our group saw a mountain lion just about a mile before the camp area. So, I wasn't really wanting to hike this time. We made Smores and hot chocolate.

Happy creating!

Tammie

Host of Paints and Crafts

Annons:
Evelina
2019-09-04 11:37

That looks like fun! How was the weather?

Leia
2019-09-04 12:35

That looks stunning! I wish I had places like this near me.

All the best, Leia

Host of  Gluten-Free Living | News  | English Language Heart

jordan
2019-09-04 17:22

It looks spectacular! I definitely wouldn't blame you for opting against the hike in that case Laughing

Does it get a lot colder in the nights in California? I think the temperature drop in the night in the UK isn't that large.

Tammie
2019-09-04 19:54

The weather was great. In the 80’s during the day and the mid to low 50’s at night. (Fahrenheit) The picture of the water is only a small hamlet area. The actual lake was much larger.

Happy creating!

Tammie

Niklas
2019-09-05 13:49

Are mountain lions large? Do they eat humans? In Sweden, the only wild cats are lynxes. They are quite small and very shy. Most people haven’t seen one live in nature. Is the blue kayak in the first photo inflatable or do you transport it like that?

Best regards, Niklas 🎈

Tammie
2019-09-05 15:34

They are large and have been known to eat humans. While that is unusual it has been known to happen. They hide up in the trees and blend in so they can be hard to spot. There are also black bears in that area. They blue Kayak in not inflatable. It is a hard plastic. It is awkward to carry on my own. I had to have Help.

Happy creating!

Tammie

Annons:
Niklas
2019-09-05 17:15

Okay.

Best regards, Niklas 🎈

jordan
2019-09-06 21:47

#4 That's not too bad then!

Scroll to top