Annons:
Tagtravel
Read 1861 times
Leia
2019-09-20 19:40

Wilderhope Manor, Shropshire UK

Image 1. Click to open in original size.
Preview of image 1 of 4
Preview of image 2 of 4
Preview of image 3 of 4
Preview of image 4 of 4

This week, as a part of my job, I took away a group of college students down south on a activity residential trip! I had the pleasure of staying at YHA’s Wilderhope! The building itself is a Grade 1 listed Elizabethan Manor situated in the beautiful National Trust countryside. The Manor has so many gorgeous features such as a large wooden spiralling staircase, leaded windows and decorative ceilings. You wouldn’t have believed that in the 1700s it was simply used as a storing house for a farm. It was owing to Mr Cadbury (yes think of the chocolate), who purchased the property to renovate and donate it to the natural trust that members of general public can enjoy its beauty today. Most of the room are befitting to the standard YHA decor (horrible green bedding and bunks beds), but at the very top floor there was a lovely room which featured a four-poster bed and a stunning bathroom! So you can pay £20 for a standard bed but there is a option for a bit of luxury, either way the views are free! Using our own equipment, we drove five minutes down the road to Wenlock edge and used the cliffs there to rock climb and abseil. Additionally, we took a longer drive (40 minutes) to Linney Riverside Park to enjoy a day kayaking! This park was ideal as it had lovely clean toilets to change and get dry and you could see the ruins of Ludlow castle as you paddled down the river! Unfortunately I am not able to share many photos as many had the kids in, so you’ll have to come see it for yourself!

All the best, Leia

Host of  Gluten-Free Living | News  | English Language Heart

Annons:
Niklas
2019-09-23 12:11

I haven't been to the UK, but it’s on my wish list. I think I would like it. 🙂

Best regards, Niklas 🎈

jordan
2019-09-23 13:47

I'll be honest, I don't think I would consider Telford as down south Laughing out loud

It does look really pretty there though, the British countryside certainly has its charm!

Leia
2019-09-23 18:15

#2 down south from me anyway!

All the best, Leia

Host of  Gluten-Free Living | News  | English Language Heart

jordan
2019-09-24 15:39

#3 Of course Laughing

Scroll to top
Annons: