Annons:
Tagtravel
Read 2125 times
Niklas
2019-10-15 13:21

Travel tips in case of emergency (be prepared)

Image 1. Click to open in original size.

I found this New York Times article that I thought had some good advice for not getting in more trouble than necessary when things go the wrong way when you travel.

”Ten days into what would have been two months in South America, I broke my leg in two places. I was deep in Chile, a country whose language I didn’t speak, and I’d just booked flights to Brazil and Easter Island. I could have panicked. Instead, I was just disappointed. After years of extended traveling, I had a system in place to handle emergencies. I was in a staggering amount of pain, in an embarrassed heap far from home and hostel, but I wasn’t too worried.”

The advice are split into preparations before a trip and things to do while away.

• Research the place you are going.

• Bring a phone that will work in the country you are going to. That often includes a SIM card for the local market.

• Protect yourself online so no one can steal your stuff.

• Get travel insurance.

• Find local emergency information, like where to call in case of emergency.

• Take a card from the hotel desk and/or photograph its outside so you can show people (taxi drivers, helpful locals) where you live.

• Minimize your risks by leaving nothing worth stealing visible or easy to reach.

» How to Plan In Case Things Go Wrong - The New York Times

(Photo by Fas Khan at Unsplash)

Best regards, Niklas 🎈

Annons:
Evelina
2019-10-15 15:01

I would say having the medical emergency information prepared is so important and unfortunately I rarely think of this before I travel!

Niklas
2019-10-16 10:51

What do you include in ”medical emergency information”? Phone numbers to call or list of medications or something else?

Best regards, Niklas 🎈

Evelina
2019-10-16 11:24

I mean insurance information prepared in case you need to go to the hospital. In some countries they won’t treat you unless they know you have a way to pay for it.

Niklas
2019-10-16 12:05

Ah, of course! I have never brought that. Making a mental note now.

Best regards, Niklas 🎈

Evelina
2019-10-16 12:18
Scroll to top
Annons: