Annons:
Taghungary
Read 1822 times
Evelina
2019-12-10 21:55

December Weekend Trip in Budapest, Hungary

My boyfriend is Hungarian and he has family in Budapest so we decided to go there for an extended weekend to visit them. We have been planning where we should go and what to see. He is from Budapest and I have been several times during the warmer months but this trip will be a little special because of the winter holiday season. We are planning to visit the Christmas markets, the ice skating rink (if its not under construction), and thermal baths (Gèllert). We are also booking a wine and charcuterie tasting from Taste Hungary. 😊 I am really looking forward to it!

Annons:
Niklas
2019-12-11 13:11

Exciting. Do they have snow in Hungary?

Best regards, Niklas 🎈

Evelina
2019-12-11 16:06

I’m not sure! I hope so but I sort of doubt it

Evelina
2019-12-12 17:52

It’s supposed to be pretty warm so I don’t think there will be snow 😕

Evelina
2019-12-19 14:38

On Tuesday, it was 15 degrees Celsius but it was still pretty cold most of the days, especially in the evening. I’ll share some posts with some photos of the things we did. Unfortunately, we didn’t have time to visit the inside of the parliament, go to the Basilica, or go to a thermal bathe, so we still have some activities for next time we go there for a trip 😊

Niklas
2019-12-20 10:10

I’m glad you didn’t manage to do everything worth doing in Budapest in a single weekend. 😉 I’ve read that Budapest originally was three cities that merged into one 150 years ago. Can you see that there are three separate parts, or have they melted together into a single city?

Best regards, Niklas 🎈

Evelina
2019-12-20 10:54

#5 I had to google that, I knew that Buda and Pest were separate cities before, with Buda on the west side of the Dunabe river and Pest on the east side, but I didn't realise there was a third, Óbuda. Budapest is divided into districts, Óbuda is is in the third district. It's on the Buda side of course, since it is considered the old town of Buda.  I think it includes, Sziget, the island, as well. 

But I think that they have melted together, however, the Pest side of the city is much more lively and considered, I think,  more city like. Whereas the Buda side is more residential and less lively. It is separated by the river so in that way there is a separation quite literally. LaughingWe stay at his grandparents extra apartment, which is on the Buda side across for the Parliament and we always have to go across the river back into the Pest side to do most things, like see attractions, go for a drink or eat dinner. Not to say there isn't anything to do on the Buda side, but there is much more to do on the Pest side.

Annons:
Niklas
2019-12-20 11:01

It sounds a bit like Stockholm, which, as you well know 🙂, also consists of islands separated by water and where some city parts are more residential and others, mostly business-oriented. Could you see the parliament building from the apartment or is it further from the river?

Best regards, Niklas 🎈

Evelina
2019-12-20 11:05

It's a bit further from the river but every time we would walk to the subway, we would pass the view of the parliament. It's so beautiful in the evenings. The best way to get a photo of it is on the Buda side 🙂

Niklas
2019-12-20 11:26

👍🏻

Best regards, Niklas 🎈

Tammie
2020-01-14 17:21

I would love to get a great nighttime photo of the Parliament building.

Happy creating!

Tammie

Host of Paints and Crafts

Scroll to top
Annons: